Sergio Perez has topped the time sheets at Catalunya on the third day of the final pre-season test. “Speedy Gonzales” As he is known set a lap time of 1.22.094 and completed 114 laps of the Circuit de Catalunya.
Behind him was McLaren’s Jenson Button. The 2009 World Champion set a lap time of 1.22.103 after just 44 laps.
In 3rd place was Australian Daniel Ricciardo. The Toro Rosso driver completed 131 laps, the most of anyone, and this secured him a time of 1.22.155.
Behind him was Felipe Massa. The Brazillian set a time of 1.22.413 after 122 laps.
In 5th place with 108 laps was Paul Di Resta. He set a fastest lap time of 1.22.446.
Behind Di Resta was Bruno Senna. The Williams driver racked up 111 laps and this resulted in a lap time of 1.22.480.
Heikki Kovalainen was 7th. The finn secured a fastest lap time of 1.22.630 and brought his CT-01 around Catalunya 64 times.
Mark Webber was 8th. The Aussie completed 70 laps with a fastest lap time of 1.22.662.
In 9th place was Nico Rosberg. The Mercedes driver completed 129 laps and produced a lap time of 1.22.932.
The top nine drivers were all within a second of each other.
In 10th place was Kimi Raikkonen. The Finn, blighted by technical problems, completed 43 laps and he could only manage a 1.25.379.
Testing commences tomorrow.
Unofficial Saturday test times from Barcelona:
1. Sergio Perez, Sauber, 1:22.094, 114 Laps
2. Jenson Button, McLaren, 1:22.103, 44 Laps
3. Daniel Ricciardo, Toro Rosso, 1:22.155, 131 Laps
4. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 1:22.413, 122 Laps
5. Paul di Resta, Force India, 1:22.446, 108 Laps
6. Bruno Senna, Williams, 1:22.480, 111 Laps
7. Heikki Kovalainen, Caterham, 1:22.630, 64 Laps
8. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 1:22.662, 70 Laps
9. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, 1:22.932, 129 Laps
10. Kimi Raikkonen, Lotus, 1:25.379, 43 Laps